It takes two to tango on the Veterinary Project Podcast! We had Jonny on the hot-seat in our last episode, so now the script has flipped and we’re excited to get to know the other half of the show’s hosting duo: Michael Bugg, DVM
Michael got his start in Veterinary Medicine at a much earlier age than most, stepping into Vet school at the ripe young age of 19 and completing his DVM by 23. Getting into the profession at such a young age may suggest that Michael had his sights set on being a Vet his entire life, but as Mike shares his story it becomes clear that there were many events, experiences, and beliefs working in the background that led him to a number of defining moments – moments that ultimately led him down the path he is currently on today.
Jonathan Leicht, DVM leads the interview with his co-host as we cover topics including:
- An introduction to Michael Bugg, DVM
- How an early family event changed Michael’s outlook on academia
- Moving fast! “I guess I’m going to Vet school!”
- Michael’s young and unique path to get to Vet school and, looking back now, how to make the most of it
- The importance of mentorship in the early stages of your career and during Vet school
- The realization of being DVM at 23. “What the hell have I done? I have to do this for 40 years?”
- Why Michael felt trapped before even getting started, and why he buried the feelings of guilt, shame, and anxiety
- Michael’s personal finance manifesto…and why it turned out to be NOT true
- Soul searching backpacking trips in Australia and New Zealand – the spark that led to a curiosity in real estate investing
- Why Michael chose to invest in real estate over investing in a Veterinary clinic
- Burn out, depression, overwhelm, and the evolution of “Miserable Mike”
- Why Michael bottled up his misery for so long before finally, out of desperation, making the change
- How he made the change – the journey into personal development
- “If I want to make a change in my life, I can, if I decide to do it”
- What its like to face the identity crisis of no longer being a practicing Veterinarian
- Pivoting from Veterinary practice to helping develop wellness in Veterinary professionals
- What the Veterinary Project Podcast means to Michael Bugg – helping Veterinary professionals improves their lives
- What’s next for Michael Bugg?
- The conscious awareness of building a personal lifestyle by design
- The Rapid Fire Finale!
- Final words of wisdom
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing!
We’d love it if you joined us for The Veterinary Project journey and connected with our community of like-minded Veterinary professionals. Send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll get you connected to our private Facebook group.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for listening and we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday for another episode of The Veterinary Project Podcast
– Michael Bugg, DVM & Jonathan Leicht, DVM