This week we’re spending time with Dr. Dan Katz.
Dan is a 2016 OVC grad living and working in Calgary, Alberta. Dan splits his time between ER medicine and providing locum support in multiple GP practices.
During his time at OVC, he travelled to eleven countries with the assistance of awards, travel grants and bursaries and was president of Global Vets, OVC branch.
In this episode we discuss:
- Dan starting in emergency medicine without an internship
- How he paid off his $50,000 student debt in 11 months by living frugally and earning extra money through side hustles
- Exploring his love of travel
- How he’s connected that passion to veterinary medicine through spay neuter clinic initiatives and the love of sharing adventure with others
For those of you that are new into your career and need to pay off student debt, or decades in and looking for a new spark – this episode is for you!
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing!
We’d love it if you joined us for The Veterinary Project journey and connected with our community of like-minded Veterinary professionals. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you connected to our private Facebook group.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can also be sent to email@example.com.
Thank you for listening and we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday for another episode of The Veterinary Project Podcast
– Michael Bugg, DVM & Jonathan Leicht, DVM