Dr. Bugg and Dr. Leicht dig in on James Clear’s book, Atomic Habits, a book the co-hosts studied in tandem to start the year.
This breakthrough book is considered the most comprehensive guide on how to change your habits and get 1% better every day, with the overarching principle being that small actions, done consistently over time, lead to remarkable results through the power of compounding.
Topics discussed include:
- Two quotes that smacked Mike in the face!
- Small changes in habits, over time, will lead to massive results
- Purposeful practice and identifying areas to improve
- The 4 steps of a habit: the cue, the craving, the response, the reward
- Applications of the 4 steps to veterinary medicine and practice
- Priming your environment for habit creation / alteration
- Reinforcing habits by tracking the habit stack
- If you’re going to miss, modify instead
- The Doctor’s share their Atomic takeaways
We’re online! Check out our website at theveterinaryproject.com for more info on the show, our hosts, and all things Veterinary Project.
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know, please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing.
Want to join our community of like-minded Veterinary Professionals? Send an email to [email protected] and we’ll get you connected to our private Veterinary Project Facebook group.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can also be sent to [email protected]. Thank you for listening and we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday for another episode of The Veterinary Project Podcast!
– Jonathan Leicht, DVM and Michael Bugg, DVM