How do you look at discipline?
In this episode, co-hosts Dr. Michael Bugg and Dr. Jonathan Leicht become Doctors of Discipline, sharing their insights on the principle of discipline and how to use it to achieve results in your life.
It’s certainly not easy, and there are plenty of struggles associated with discipline, but as our hosts share, adopting it as a part of who you are is key to long-term success both personally and professionally.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- What discipline means to Dr. Bugg and Dr. Leicht
- Discipline versus willpower: what’s the difference?
- Vision and knowing your direction supports discipline
- Optimizing AND minimizing your environment
- Willpower is a finite resource
- “It’s the daily disciplines that keep things going”
- Why (and how) discipline can increase your capacity
- How making one higher level decision can eliminate downstream decisions that erode willpower
- Using structure to support discipline
- “The 5 Second Rule”
- Dr. Bugg and Dr. Leicht’s daily discipline exercises
With this highly tactical conversation, you’ll come away with a new appreciation of the role discipline plays in getting what you want out of life, as well as some tried and true methods you can apply to improve your level of discipline.
We’re now online! Check out our new website at theveterinaryproject.com for more info about the show, our hosts, and all things Veterinary Project!
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know, please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing.
Want to join our community of like-minded Veterinary Professionals? Send an email to [email protected] and we’ll get you connected to our private Veterinary Project Facebook group.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can also be sent to [email protected]. Thank you for listening and we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday for another episode of The Veterinary Project Podcast!
– Jonathan Leicht, DVM and Michael Bugg, DVM