Described as one of the most sought-after, engaging, thought-provoking, and truly transformative international speakers and scholars in her field, Dr. Robyne Hanley-Dafoe is a multi-award-winning education and psychology scholar, author, and resiliency expert.
She specializes in resiliency, navigating stress and change, personal wellness in the workplace, and optimal performance – both personal and organizational.
With over 18 years of university teaching and research experience, and as a multi-time TEDx Talk speaker, Dr. Robyne continues to create accessible and relatable materials while offering practical strategies that are realistic and sustainable.
Dr. Robyne recently joined a group of highly esteemed authors from around the globe as a 2022 Nautilus Award recipient with her debut book ‘Calm Within The Storm: A Pathway to Everyday Resiliency.’ Dr. Robyne has recently released her second book, Stress Wisely: How To Be Well In An Unwell World in June 2023.
In our conversation with Dr. Hanley-Dafoe, we cover:
- Is the world actually unwell?
- Social media – comparison masked as connection, and understanding the dual truth contained within
- What does it mean to ‘stress wisely’
- Our biology is built on a stress system
- The concept of an emotional home
- “Do you want comfort or solutions?”
- Eye-to-eye vs. ear-to-ear communications
- Tips for communication in the digital world
- Understanding your personal threshold tolerance and how it shifts
- How to ‘raise your thermostat’ through embracing a new identity
- How to take steps in the right direction to relieve anxiety
- The 8 realms of wellness
- Your success leaves clues…pay attention to what worked in the past for you
Thank you to Dr. Robyne Hanley-Dafoe for joining us once again on the show!
If you’d like to connect with Robyne, the best place to go is her website:
Check out our website at theveterinaryproject.com for more info about the show, our hosts, and all things Veterinary Project, or follow us on Instagram @theveterinaryproject.
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know, please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can be sent to our Instagram, @theveterinaryproject.
Thank you for listening!