We’re kicking off 2021 on The Veterinary Project Podcast with a conversation around health and fitness with Personal Trainer Brad Posehn.
Brad is a graduate of the College of Kinesiology at the University of Saskatchewan. He has spent the last 11 + years training several athletes in the NHL, KHL, AHL, NLL, NCAA, as well as the National and Provincial level in various sports such as volleyball, figure skating, football, lacrosse, swimming, and golf.
As a co-founder of JB Performance Training in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Brad helped hundreds of athletes reach their goals through emphasizing proper movement patterns and catering programs to their sport and its specific demands from a biomechanical and physiological level.
Now, as the owner of Absolute Performance Centre in Calgary, Alberta he is looking to continue that trend in a positive and supportive environment.
In this episode, we cover a number of health and fitness related topics that are going to help you lead the healthy life you want this upcoming year including:
- What Brad sees in people who stay inspired/motivated beyond January and stick to a regular fitness plan
- The differences between exercise and training
- The differences between athletes vs the everyday person
- How the everyday person can benefit from training like an athlete
- What makes an effective workout and how do you create one
- Debunking some of the myths around fitness
- Lessons learned working through COVID In one of the hardest hit industries
Thank you to Brad for joining us on this edition of the show. If you’d like to connect with Brad you can find him here:
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know, please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing!
Want to join our community of like-minded Veterinary Professionals? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you connected to our private Veterinary Project Facebook group.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can also be sent to email@example.com. Thank you for listening and we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday for another episode of The Veterinary Project Podcast!
– Jonathan Leicht, DVM and Michael Bugg, DVM