Picking up where Part 1 left off, with Part 2 of our conversation with Clinic Owner and Current CVMA President Dr. Enid Stiles shedding more light on the CVMA, Enid’s role as President within it, and the work they’re doing for the Veterinary profession. We also discuss some of the challenges that COVID has put on Enid’s position as a clinic owner including the use of Registered Veterinary Technologists, need for additional staff to handle calls, texts and e-mails from clients, and using new technologies to help with clinic operations.
Our full range of conversation topics in Part 2 includes:
– How COVID has impacted the use of registered veterinary technologists
– Utilizing technology (or attempting to) to improve clinic operational adjustments brought on by COVID
– Understanding what the CVMA does, including the intent of the CVMA Workforce Committee and CVMA Wellness Advisory Group
– How we’re going to deal with the workforce shortage of professionals and technologists within the veterinary industry
– Discussing animal welfare and moral and ethical lines amongst individual veterinarians
– Understanding CVMA Position Statements and what they do in creating regulatory change
– Why Dr. Stiles enjoys being involved in the CVMA
– Why people should be involved in the CVMA
– The Impact Round
A huge thank you to Dr. Enid Stiles for taking the time to join us on the show.
To find out more about the CVMA visit them online, on Facebook, or on Instagram:
You can also connect with the CVMA via their general e-mail:
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know, please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing.
Want to join our community of like-minded Veterinary Professionals? Send us an email at [email protected] and we’ll get you connected to our private Veterinary Project Facebook group.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can also be sent to [email protected]. Thank you for listening and we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday for another episode of The Veterinary Project Podcast!
– Jonathan Leicht, DVM and Michael Bugg, DVM