Nicole Clausen is the founder of Veterinary Care Logistics, a consulting firm specializing in inventory management for veterinary professionals.
She has over 13 years of experience in the veterinary industry with over 10 years in small animal practice, having worked her way up from receptionist to Operations Manager in various clinics prior to starting her company, which was born out of the demand by several industry leaders to utilize her inventory system as a model throughout the country. She specializes in helping veterinary teams create a streamlined and efficient inventory management system.
Since inception, Nicole has authored several publications, including controlled substance log books and inventory policy & procedure manuals.
She regularly speaks at different industry-sponsored conferences on inventory management, and has created several online, self-paced RACE continuing education inventory courses.
In addition, she founded the Veterinary Inventory Strategy Network; an online network and community dedicated to inventory management.
In our wide-ranging conversation, Nicole shares her wisdom and experience in the area of inventory management including:
- Her veterinary career and the entrepreneurial journey that led to starting Veterinary Care Logistics
- The mindset behind becoming an entrepreneur
- What is inventory management?
- How do you manage inventory for different types of clinics and situations
- Inventory management principles and applying them to your unique practice
- Understanding reorder points
- Connecting inventory management to cost of goods sold and a clinic’s financial statements
- Dissecting your inventory management process & looking for opportunities to improve
- The #1 problem Nicole sees with ALL clinic inventories
- Improving access for consumers to products online when competing against giants like Chewy and 1-800-PetMeds
- Meeting clients where they’re at
- The Impact Round!
Find out more about Veterinary Care Logistics and Nicole online in the following places:
E-mail: [email protected]
If you’re interested in learning more about or joining the Veterinary Inventory Strategy Network, you can find more information at:
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know, please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing.
Want to join our community of like-minded Veterinary Professionals? Send us an email at [email protected] and we’ll get you connected to our private Veterinary Project Facebook group.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can also be sent to [email protected]. Thank you for listening and we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday for another episode of The Veterinary Project Podcast!
– Jonathan Leicht, DVM and Michael Bugg, DVM