In Part 2 of our conversation with Dr. Trisha Dowling, we dive into compassion and empathy within veterinary medicine including:
- How compassion and empathy link to mindfulness
- The difference between compassion and empathy
- Why “compassion fatigue” is a misnomer, but empathy fatigue is real
- Training compassion like a skill
- Developing a personal mindfulness practice for yourself
- Dr. Dowling’s impact round!
Thank you to Dr. Dowling for joining us on the show! If you’d like to get in touch with Trish directly you can find her through the WCVM website or directly by e-mail to:
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know, please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing.
Want to join our community of like-minded Veterinary Professionals? Send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll get you connected to our private Veterinary Project Facebook group.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for listening and we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday for another episode of The Veterinary Project Podcast!
– Jonathan Leicht, DVM and Michael Bugg, DVM