Isaiah Douglass is a Certified Financial Planner™, Certified Exit Planner, and Fee-Only advisor at Vincere Wealth Management.
After working at a large national firm for a number of years, Isaiah left and founded a solo financial planning firm in 2018, pursuing a planning approach that was dedicated to identifying ways to grow the net worth of veterinarians. In the summer of 2020, he merged with another financial advisor and became a partner in Vincere Wealth Management.
Isaiah hosts the weekly Veterinarian Success Podcast which interviews and discusses topics related to the clinical, business, financial, and personal lives of veterinarians. He is deeply involved in speaking within veterinary medicine, having talks with students, on podcasts, in video interviews, and as a guest at the Veterinary Financial Summit conference.
This episode enters the world of Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, and the future of money. We wanted to bring Isaiah on the show to discuss these areas because of his relatedness to the veterinary profession and his wealth of knowledge on the subject.
Whether you’re already familiar with these topics, or brand new to the subject, Isaiah’s explanations and insights will give you a better understanding of the space and all its intricacies so you can make informed decisions around what to do with your money.
Topics covered include:
- Good money, bad money, and allocation – what’s it all mean?
- A brief history of money
- The effect of inflation on real returns
- What is Bitcoin and how does it work (both as money and as a network)?
- Fiat Currency versus Blockchain
- How does someone “purchase” a Bitcoin?
- Decentralized currency – why does this matter and is it the future of exchange?
- The major difference between Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
- Centralized vs. Decentralized
- “Proof of work” and “Proof of stake”
- The point of Blockchain: to keep a good record of what’s going on
- Why Dr. Leicht shied away from Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency at first
- Isaiah’s Impact Round!
Want to learn more or connect with Isaiah? Find him via online at:
We’re online! Check out our website at theveterinaryproject.com for more info on the show, our hosts, and all things Veterinary Project.
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know, please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing.
Want to join our community of like-minded Veterinary Professionals? Send an email to email@example.com and we’ll get you connected to our private Veterinary Project Facebook group.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for listening and we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday for another episode of The Veterinary Project Podcast!
– Jonathan Leicht, DVM and Michael Bugg, DVM