What do you do when **** hits the fan?
In this week’s episode, co-hosts Dr. Michael Bugg and Dr. Jonathan Leicht visit the subject of handling adversity in business.
Chock full with personal vulnerability, this episode pulls back the curtain on handling adversity with commentary on:
- The real world responses to adversity for Dr. Jonathan Leicht in his Operational roles, including compartmentalization of emotions, trying to win, and over-communicating
- How response to adversity changes over time with experience
- How different people view adversity and conflict
- The real world responses to adversity for Dr. Michael Bugg in his Real Estate business, including entering “silent-mode”, getting emotional and losing rationality, and shelving the problem
- Adversity is almost always worse in the moment than in the long run
- Ask empowering questions like “what can I do about this?” and recognizing what’s inside (and outside) of our control
- Don’t avoid adversity
- Tips and ideas for becoming better at handling adversity
Adversity is going to happen whether we like it or not, so how do we best handle it?
There’s no easy answer, but we’re working to improve in this area and hope this conversation will help you do the same!
We’re now online! Check out our new website at theveterinaryproject.com for more info about the show, our hosts, and all things Veterinary Project!
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know, please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing.
Want to join our community of like-minded Veterinary Professionals? Send an email to email@example.com and we’ll get you connected to our private Veterinary Project Facebook group.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for listening and we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday for another episode of The Veterinary Project Podcast!
– Jonathan Leicht, DVM and Michael Bugg, DVM