Dr. Elliott Garber is a specialist in Veterinary Preventive Medicine and a graduate of Tufts University and the University of Virginia. He led and trained teams in clinical practice for eight years while in the military, including three years as veterinarian to the Navy SEALs and their working dogs. His science thriller, The Chimera Sequence, was published in 2015. Elliott built and sold an 8-figure e-commerce and marketing agency before joining Instinct to launch the veterinary industry’s first electronic prescribing software.
In our conversation with Dr. Garber we cover:
- Working as a veterinarian in the US military
- Scratching the “animal” entrepreneurial itch, from e-commerce to software
- What financial independence looks like for Elliott and his family
- Putting the financial puzzle pieces together
- Instinct Science – what is it, and why it matters
- Transitioning into a start-up company as a DVM
- Designing with ease in mind
- What are the key features, advantages, and benefits of Instinct
- Elliott’s Impact Round!
Want to learn more about Instinct Science or connect with Dr. Garber? Here’s where to go:
We’re now online! Check out our new website at theveterinaryproject.com for more info about the show, our hosts, and all things Veterinary Project.
If you liked the show and want to stay in the know, please subscribe to the podcast on the listening platform of your choosing.
Want to join our community of like-minded Veterinary Professionals? Send an email to [email protected] and we’ll get you connected to our private Veterinary Project Facebook group.
Any questions, comments, feedback, or requests for guests can also be sent to [email protected]. Thank you for listening and we look forward to seeing you next Wednesday for another episode of The Veterinary Project Podcast!
– Jonathan Leicht, DVM and Michael Bugg, DVM